Captain Jack is the friendliest dog. I know that's a bold claim and it's packed with exaggeration. He is an extremely friendly dog, though. Since we've overcome his food possession, he has not attacked any person or dog. He tries to play with cats, though they'd rarely like to. I'm not sure if he chases pigeons to eat them, or for fun.He was jumping up on random people. Now, with a whistle I can usually stop him before he gets to that point, but he'll still follow them when he's not on-leash. He's very sociable. He wants to meet everyone- except snowmen, he hates them.
There have been two people since I've met Jack that he didn't like. One day, we were walking along Gold (the street near my apartment) and passed two people. One of them tried to say hello and Jack went feral. Fortunately, he was on a leash. I just popped him on the butt to get his attention and we walked the other way. I don't know what about that guy Jack didn't like. I never will.
But, here we are a few months later. Jack and I were going to the duck pond, as usual, so that he could run it off (whatever 'it' is). We were waiting at a stop light when Jack began growling intently. I looked up and saw a guy coming toward us. He asked for bus fare and Jack went feral again, barking fiercely and pulling at the leash with all his might. The guy stopped at the end of the leash, which I was thankful for and I reigned Jack in a little (but just a little) and told the guy that I didn't have any money. At that point, the seemingly normal individual started twisting and contorting his body. He wrapped his arms around himself and his head at awkward, double jointed angles and started stomping one of his feet. He growled in a shrill voice, "Stop! Touching! Her!" The light changed. I brought Jack to the other side of me and crossed.
My little buddy has my trust. When he wigs out, I pay attention.
No comments:
Post a Comment